Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Yesterday went really good. I had a great lower body workout, though I'm thinking of changing it up a bunch starting next week. I've asked some 'experts' about it. I've always been impatient quickly jumping from one thing to the next, so I'm letting others deside if it's too soon to revamp my workout. You see, one of my biggest fears is bulking up my legs. I've always had 'thunder theighs' and I have 'calves of steal' I really don't want to add any muscle to them, I just want to 'trim the fat' . They are really muscular already, after all they've carried my 200lb body around for years! And I'm not talking about doing 'the fat lady shuffle'. I run, walk, pay tennis, bike. Anyway! :) I read an article in this month's Muscle and Fitness about paring down a pare shaped body. I'm not exactly pear shaped (I'm very broad shouldered). But I do have trouble taking the fat off my lower body. So, this article talked about doing more reps and lighter weights to increase the calorie burning effect of weightlifting. It also talked about doing cardio EVERY day. Though with studying and everything I don't know HOW I would find the time. I don't want to fall into my old habit of switching programs as soon as some other comes around, but I want to make sure I'm doing the program that works for ME!

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to my cardio tonight. In the past three weeks I've virtually eliminated the pain in my right foot! I'm so excited! I think the strength training had a lot to do with it. Plus I'm very careful to stretch stretch stretch.

Ate clean yesterday and have been great so far today.

No comments: