Wednesday, February 18, 2009
And here's what I've done...
Through Peertrainer I found a place called StickK
At StickK you have the ability to create goals and attach leverage to them. Leverage - as in Money. So I created my goal and gave them my credit card. As of today - if I don't reach my weekly weight loss goal each week (it's modest don't worry) I have to pay $100!! and that money goes to a Charity that I don't personally/morally support.
So that part is done -- now to take the daily steps to make sure I hit those goals!
Tonight I'll take my beginning photos and measurements.
I've already done my exercise for the day - 30 minutes Run/Walk.
The cardio goals are easy right now - all part of my training for my triathlon.
Food -- well as always it's my biggest issue isn't it though?
Well first off I'm going through Dr Becks book again - I love her mental take on food.
As for a food plan...
A part of me says, pick an 'experts' plan and stick with it. But the other part of me wants to take a the best of all I've read and apply it. Since at some point I want to be able to go through this same process with clients (as a personal trainer and more) then I think I'll just have to make a go of my 'hybrid'.
1. Eat at least 4 meals a day 5 is ideal
2. Each Meal should be (close to) equal Protein and Carbs
3. Each Food item should be less then 30% Fat
(If greater then 30% Fat then entire meal should be less then 15% Carb - to allow for a meal of nuts)
4. Whole Foods should be eaten the majority (80%) of the time (Whole Wheat, Brown Rice, etc)
5. Eat at least 4 servings of vegetables (Lettuce is not a vegetable)
6. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit
7. Have one spurge meal per 7 days
At the moment I'm not going to count calories. I think what I'll do is see how I'm doing on Monday mornings - if I'm not on track then I'll probably see if a calorie restriction is in order.
Ok - too tired to think anymore. Will type more later.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I'm doing what I set out to do and I'm really excited about it. Or 1/2 of what I set out to do. You see, I have only raised $1000 of the $5000 I have pledged to raise for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I need your help to reach this goal! Please don't think that your donation 'doesn't matter'. Every dollar counts!
My race is in 39 days and there is several ways you can help.
1) You can make a donation by credit card by going to my donation site and clicking the 'donate now' button.
2) You can make a donation by check, made out to the LLS and mail it to me
429 Chase Street
Mountain House, CA 95391
3) You can attend a fund raiser - if you're anywhere the SF area you can come to The Mint in San Francisco and join us for a night of Karaoke. (email me if you want more details)
Last, but not least, thank you to everyone who's made a donation so for - I can't tell you how much your generosity means to me and to the people you're helping.
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email