Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I can’t believe how hard I pushed myself last night! I’m finally feeling like I really can do this, and that it is possible to make a difference in my body. I’m on fire! Things didn’t start out so well. I was nearly at the track when I realized that I had left my watch at home. My fiancé didn’t want to go back so I decided to do my best without it. I started around the track on my warm up, testing how my body was feeling. I was still feeling my leg workout but felt strong, so when the time came to start the first interval I went ahead and started at a jog. Yes! I jogged the entire workout! I was so excited when I finished. I even did intervals, doing my best to ramp up every 60 seconds. When I finished the last 60-seconds I sprinted as hard as I could for as long as I could just to finish myself off. When I stopped I felt like I was going to puke and I was ecstatic! I have been on a high ever since. Dinner turned out great, my fiancé was appreciative of not only the newer sleeker me, but the obvious hard work I’ve been putting into me, AND I managed to throw in some pilates on top of all that. Score one for the home team, cause I hit a home run yesterday!

On a side note I think I found a protein drink I can stomach. I’m using pure soy isotope. I mixed ¼ cup soy with 1 tsp cocoa and 2 packets of splenda, and 1 cup of water. It made a nice think goopy chocolaty mess that I ate like pudding (thanks for the idea). Not only did it take the edge of my hunger, but it stamped out any lingering sweet tooth I might have, not that I intend to add desert back into my plans anytime soon. I just needed something to take the edge off, and I knew I was short on calories yesterday. I may have to try the same thing with colder water and see if that is even more refreshing.

No comments: