Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Just a quick one – Work is going to get busier and busier for me so my posts may be a little thin.

Update on stats:




That’s 203.7 lbs. 1.1 lbs in two weeks.

That means I need to do a bit more tweaking on the diet. I hate this…

On a positive note – I got up and worked out this morning.

Funny – I was dreading my run this morning. Since last night even, but I jumped on the treadmill as soon as I got to the gym. Amazingly it wasn’t that bad! The first 10 minutes were really easy – When I started the second 10 minutes I started to argue with myself a bit but I fooled myself into keeping going with ‘Just make it to minute 15…’ and then ‘awww you can make it to minute 20 now!’ and I did! What really amazed me is I had set a ‘Wouldn’t it be nice’ goal of finishing my 2 miles in 25 minutes AND to my amazement I was done in EXACTLY 25 minutes. WHOOP!

Then it was off to the weight room for chest:

Barbell Bench Press (+Bar): 80 x 10 (that’s right – I hit my goal of 80lbs x 10 reps… BUT I had a spotter and I suspect he was REALLY helping out at the end – I hope to finish with NO HANDS on the bar but mine by the end of all this). 80 x 6 / 80 x 6

Dumbbell Bench Press: 45 x 10 / 45 x 6

Dumbbell Flyes: 30 x 6 / 30 x 6

Lastly I staggered over to the cable pull down and did two sets of Abs

Cable Crunches: 195 x 15 / 195 x 15

I was exhausted and DOMS was starting to hit from yesterday’s workout. I told my fiancé I was headed to the locker room to pass out. He just smiled and told me not to hurt myself.

So – I’m feeling great now. Ok sore but GREAT. I ran 2 miles this morning whoop!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on the 2 miles! You will be able to increase your speed by doing interval training. Try doing 10 or 15 second sprints every 3 or 4 minutes. This goes a long way to increasing your stamina. Once you can get your 2 mile time under 20 minutes, then you can go for adding distance. This is how I'm training for a 10K this summer. Go for it!

Pamela said...

WOW Shawn.. I'm looking back at your wts over the past few days & I'm sooo freaking amazed girl!!! Damn!!
Way to go hitting that 2 mile mark! It's fun playing "just a bit more" head games with your self isn't it! ;)

hugs
Lala*

PartTimeMom said...

Kim,

I am pretty much doing intervals. Only they are longer... I walk for two minutes and then run at 5MPR for 8 minutes - then walk again. The last .25 miles I bump my speed up steadily until the last bit I'm going 7MPR. I fugure the best way to train my body to go faster is to push it when it's already tired. So far it seems to be working!

I may add some of those 10-15 minute sprints in too though.

Pamela - Thanks on the weights. I'm not losing fat as quickly as I would like, I'm slow as All get out on the treddy BUT I know how to push heavy iron around ;)

Matt: as soon as you posted "Yes,Yes,Yes" you had me thinking about 'something else' but then I'm a 'goer' 'you know what I mean?'

lol

PartTimeMom said...

Ack! now I'm confused - where am I going and who's pushing the swing?

Julie said...

I'm always amazed at the power of positive mental self-talk. I do the same if I'm having a tough workout in order to push myself through the rough parts. Excellent job on getting that run done in 25 minutes!