Thursday, January 12, 2006

I don’t even want to post! But I promised myself that this year I would post the good AND the bad. Because the only way I’m going to make sure that when I stumble I do not FALL flat on my face in the mud and then let a few days trample over the top of me until I’m covered in it and it takes weeks to get it all out of all the cracks and crevices…

Uh – yeah well the only way to make sure THAT doesn’t happen is to post when I’ve been bad and that will feel SO icky that I’ll be back on it in seconds.

So, I overslept AGAIN!

We both did. I have no idea what’s going on with the two of us. We were in bed (and asleep) by 9:30 last night. Why are both of us so bloody tired?

Well as soon as we woke up this morning the fiancé looked at me and said – “That’s it! Bring your gym bag, we are going to the gym tonight. We have to work out in all that crowd as punishment for sleeping in.”

I didn’t get a workout in last night either. I ended up working until 6:30. Couldn’t grab a ferry until 7:20 which meant I didn’t get home 8:30. That left me enough time to grab some dinner and that was about it.

The good news is, food was PERFECT yesterday. Yep yep yep – I better be seeing some changes! ;)

Tonight the gym better look out because we’re hitting it! I’ve got a run and a back/shoulder workout on my plate. When my fiancé dropped me off he reminded me, “We’re going to go to the gym tonight, so be sure to eat enough today”

He’s such a doll!

On a totally unrelated and yet so pertinent thread…

Would you all think good thoughts for us? My fiancé has been working as a contractor for a while now. He’s got a chance coming up to get a permanent position somewhere. Not only will this probably mean more money, BUT it will also mean that we will feel secure enough to look into moving (and having to pay a bit more in rent). If this happens it means that I will no longer have a two hour commute. No more trying to drag my butt out of bed at 4:00AM! No more getting home at 7:00PM! No more excuses (not that I’m using those excuses now – it would just be nice to not have those obstacles to overcome) So say a prayer, light a candle, send good vibes, or just cross your fingers for us. He’s supposed to interview next week. This looks SO promising – but we’re trying not to get our hopes up TOO much!

Thanks!

9 comments:

Christie said...

How bout I do all of the above, prayers, candles, vibes, and cross my fingers...

Hugs
Christie

carolakabb said...

whoo hoo! Good thoughts on the way! Hugs.

zooman said...

I'll have to cross my fingers and say a prayer. No candle lighting allowed at work since I test gasoline lol.
Anyway just stay the course with this. You are doing great. Sometimes we can't get all of our workouts in, but I am a firm beleiver in that if we eat correctly we will see results. Life just gets in the way some times and you've been doing good on your meals, and I think that's a great accomplishment.Keep up the good work!

FV Tom said...

Two hour commute? You must be driving into the city. OMIGOSH. Prayers and much good luck on the job front.

As for food, I'm with Troy. My first challenge, I ate really well but probably only got to half of my workouts and maybe 25% of the cardio. I lost a couple inches off my stomach. I was stoked!

Auf wiedersehen!

KatieFeldmom said...

"So say a prayer, light a candle, send good vibes, or just cross your fingers for us."

I can and will do all except light a candle because I'm not allowed to be near those. Too many bad 'fire' experiences.

Erin said...

Sending you all the good luck vibes I can muster up...(concentrating really hard)... yeah, that ought to do it! ;)

PartTimeMom said...

Tom,

Yep I live in the beautiful wine country and work in the best city in the world. I love both places, just wish they were closer together!

Lady Sue said...

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you guys....Keep us updated.
WTG on the eating...that's the hardest for me...
It's not always about what you didn't do right but what you DID do right....

Julie said...

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your husband nails that interview and gets that job. Sounds like some pretty exciting changes are about to happen!