Monday, January 16, 2006

I have to admit, I’ve very disappointed in myself right now. I didn’t run over the weekend despite the BEAUTIFUL weather we had on Sunday. As I was driving in the car to take the kids shopping the thought ran through my head, “I should be running right now.”

But it didn’t happen. No reason really – just getting wrapped up in other things and general laziness. I’m not going to beat myself up over it, but I do need to LEARN from it. What’s going to change? Weekend exercise needs to happen first thing. Then I don’t have this hanging cloud of guilt over my head the entire weekend. That horrible feeling that “I should be doing something else right now.”

What’s frustrating is I was so motivated Friday. Friday night I had been looking at photos of some really fit women and I left work with this amazing BURNING desire to be ‘just like that’. Sometimes I wonder where that feeling goes. If I could just hold onto it… But life steps in and other things take my attention.

I did take care of some other items that have been on my ‘to-do’ list for ages though. Things like updating MS-Money and my budget – paying up the bills, etc. That felt good.

I didn’t hit the gym this morning either. The alarm went off at 4:00AM, I hit snooze and didn’t wake up again until 5:00. What I AM going to be able to do is go at lunch. I packed my bag and brought it with me. YAY. I do need to figure out this oversleeping thing though. I’m going to have to set a second alarm or something.

It didn’t help that my honey has the day off today and didn’t have to get up. If I haven’t made it clear before I’m going to now – I could NEVER do what I’m doing without him. He’s my support, my motivation and my ‘getter out of bedder’.

Food, however, has been right on plan. The only deviation is I took my free day on Saturday instead of Sunday. That had to do with the food that we had planned to have while the kids were over. I have to say that by the end of the day Saturday I was feeling REALLY good. I felt full up to the tip top and had a bit of nearly everything I had been wanting throughout the week. Overall though it was still a sane day. I’m happy with that.

The plan for the rest of this week

Mon: Legs - 1500 Calories
Tues: Chest/Abs, Run 2 miles – 1700 Calories
Wed: Back – 1900 Calories
Thur: Shoulders, Run 1.5 miles – 1700 Calories
Fri: Biceps/Abs – 1800 Calories
Sat: Run 2 miles – 1700 Calories
Sun: Rest – 2700 Calories

I’ll have to update my progress tomorrow though as I didn’t hit the gym and weigh in today.

Have a good day everyone!

No comments: