Monday, December 19, 2005

It feels so good to be back!

Because I’ve been sick, I haven’t been to the gym since a week ago Friday! EEK! But I think my body got some well deserved rest. Add that week’s break to the two weeks I’ve been doing funky workouts with the trainer and I was almost lost trying to get back into my old routine. I got into the groove quickly enough though.

Amazingly enough, I didn’t lose that much strength! AND because I’ve really been working hard on watching my nutrition, I started the week at 204.5 down two pounds from a few weeks ago. With the workouts going now, AND the nutrition shored up I can’t WAIT to see what the results for this week will be. I’m looking to give myself a really good Christmas Present I know it’s asking a lot what with Christmas AND a huge Christmas dinner coming up, but if I could start the new year (or at least my birthday on the 4th) less then 200 lbs I would be THRILLED.


So it was leg day. A rather auspicious way to start back in – but hey who am I to argue?

I started with 25 minutes of cardio. A warm up and then a nice walk at 3.5 MPH and 10% incline. Worked up a good sweat.

Then it was time to hit the weight room.

Warmed up with the bar and did some squats – slowly adding a bit more weight for four reps, then…

Squats (+bar): 140 x 10/140 x 10/140 x 10
45 degree leg press: 450 x 10 / 450 x 10 (need to up this weight)

Did something stupid on the dead lift – I normally do 110, but for some reason I miscounted when I was putting on weight. I loaded 130 lbs on the bar – duh. I went down for the first rep and MAN did I feel it! It’s a good thing I’m such a stickler for form because I probably could have really tweaked my back. Not that I didn’t feel it in my back – wooo baby! But I quickly racked the weight – pulled forty pounds off the bar just to be safe and finished my sets. Note to self… learn to add. 2-10 lbs weights on each side is FORTY pounds NOT TWENTY ;)

Straight Legged Dead Lift(+ bar) : 90 x 10 / 90 x 10

Single legged Calf Raises: 55 x 6 / 35 x 6

Can someone tell my why when I do both calves at once I can do over 200lbs but on single calf raises I was struggling to do 35?

Anywho – finished my workout and I’m feeling GREAT! I’m so glad to be back where I belong!

1 comment:

Wolfie said...

Glad you are feeling better Sam! Sounds like you had a good workout too! Excellent! Ahhh. I have a confession...today was NOT freeday, but I was a bad girl all day long! So now, there you have it...my moment of weakness has been revealed!