Thursday, November 17, 2005

I got home last night at the regular time – 7:00PM, I changed, and jumped on the treadmill. 30 minutes and 1.5 miles of LISS cardio and I had burned up 300 calories!

I had some dinner, watched a movie, showered and crashed.

I Sooooo didn’t want to get up this morning. I mean, I was past the point where I could even argue with myself. My eyes would open and then shut again and no thought would pass through my brain other then, “Sleeeeeeeeep”. Thank GOD my fiancé was around. Somehow he woke up to an alarm I don’t even remember going off. He got up did some stuff (expecting me to get up too). Then came in and turned on the light, waited. (I didn’t stir). Walked over to the bed jumped on me and kissed me awake, (I do actually remember that one) and when I still couldn’t hold my eyes open for a second or two, he ripped the covers off of me and left me to fend for myself. I LOVE that man!

Later he told me he was coming in with ice next.

Seriously though I don’t know what’s wrong with my sleep patterns. Actually, I do. My freaking sleep disorder is rearing it’s ugly head – that’s what. Even though I’ve been up since 4:00AM, I lay in bed at night and can’t fall asleep. Then when I do, I wake up constantly – about once an hour. THEN, about the time my body has FINALLY settled into deep sleep. It’s time to wake up again. So I wake up feeling groggy and unrested. I think the night time cardio might be irritating my pre-existing condition. And there’s the fact that I stayed up later and slept in longer for more then my ‘usual’ number of days the past few weeks. So, first thing is to not give in to the morning sleepies, next is to make sure I don’t ‘bypass’ my bodies signal to sleep and stay up too late. That means early to bed and early to rise over the weekend. If I’m not doing better by the end of next week then I’ll have to cut nighttime cardio (and move it to lunch time like I keep saying I’m going to do).

Anyway!

I did get up this morning and I hit the gym at a reasonable time. I needed to do some cardio, but I didn’t want to run because I need to do a 1.5mile training run tonight (Yeah I’m going to try again). So, I jumped on the rowing machine. Other then a few cramps in my back – it was enjoyable and I pushed through my 20 minutes fairly easily. My gluts were a little sore by the end too which is good – my gluts could use the work.

Then it was time for shoulders. It was then that I realized that I’ve been running on a calorie deficit. No, really. After my first warm up set I was already ‘feeling’ weak and shaky. I put quotes around ‘feeling’ because it was obviously only a feeling. I went up five pounds on all but one exercise! Let me tell you it took a LOT of mental strength to get through my workout. My body kept sending signals of ‘I can’t’. While my mind was saying, “Yes you can”. And then I did.. HA I showed ME a thing or two… er yeah.

So.. shoulders:

Military Press (Plus Bar): 40 x 6 / 40 x 6 / 40 x 6
Arnold Press: 35 x 6 / 35 x 6
Lat Raise: 20 x 6 / 20 x 6
Upright row: 65 x 6 / 65 x 6

Back on lower carbs today, and I’ve got a 1.5 mile run tonight.

One last thing…well two more actually.

I’ve heard other people talk about this before but I’ve never really noticed it myself. But suddenly all the fat around my sides and middle has turned soft and jiggley! I’ve always heard this is a good sign but – WTH? Whereas before I could wear a ‘clingy’ shirt and as long as I stood up straight I was ok… Now there’s all this… softness and movement there. ICK! It’s like before my body was jello – but the hard kind with extra gelatin. And someone’s left me out in a warm room… and now I’ve gone all soft and wiggly. The news is – If I keep turning up the heat eventually I’ll start to melt and end up just a puddle on the plate… errr wait I think I lost something in that analogy. But you get the picture.

And while I’m on the subject of fat loss – has anyone else lost fat in WEIRD ways. Uh, let me expound on that. I’m losing fat more from the left side of my body. No, really. When I flex you can actually SEE the bicep peek in my left arm but not in my right. My left thigh has a dent in it (yes there’s still a layer of fat there – but the fat’s following the curve of the muscle)... a REAL dent. The right – it’s kind-of sort-of there. And then there’s my back. The last time I took photos it freaked me out. I thought my posture was effed up or I had some sort of weird imbalance happening. But my fiancé checked and I was standing up straight, my hips were level. I just had MORE FAT on my right side then my left… the creases in my back on my left side are almost non existent, whereas on my right there are deep and very noticeable.

Someone, please tell me I’m not a freak of nature here! Or, you can tell me that this has never happened to anyone and I’m special and unique! I have no problem being special and unique ;)

Have a GREAT day everyone.

2 comments:

zooman said...

I can sure understand the sleep problem. I am going to try to do all my workouts when I first get up,instead of waiting until after work to see if that makes a difference. The problem is that when I'm on days, I'll have to get up at 3a.m. to get them done.When I work out late I think the adrenaline is still kicking in while I'm trying to sleep. Hope you can get yours figured out.

K. Marie said...

I bet your muscles are actually more dominant on your right side, and that makes the fat look more prominent.

Just a guess ...