Monday, September 22, 2003

What a fantastic weekend! Friday night I went to a ball game and sat in a luxury box free from my work. Had a real good time with the guys from work, had a 'free meal' and no beer. The no beer had been one of my goals so I was thrilled that I had stood strong. Saturday I ate clean, got a LOT of excercise and then my fiance' took me out for a night on the town. I pulled out this dress that I had bought about 6 months ago. When I bought it I brought it home and showed it to my fiance' and in his loving, honest way he said. "Oh honey, that dress isn't very flattering". The funny thing is.. I KNEW it wasn't flattering and I wasn't upset in the least to hear him say it. So, that's the dress I pulled out Saturday, I dressed in secret and then came out and 'suprised' him. I was thrilled to have him confirm that this black, slinky dress was now the picture of 'flattering'. We had a GREAT evening, went out to eat where I stayed in complete control, went to a bar where I got to sing, and where I sipped diet colas all evening. I went home still energetic, and still aglow. My fiance' let me know "You looked GREAT tonight" a compliment he doesn't give out often or friveralously. He's always quick to say "You're beautiful" but 'spot compliments' don't come often. Sunday was a day of sleeping in, a terrific bike ride and an awsome upper body workout. We had stopped at Play it Again Sports and I bought 20 lbs (4x5) of plates for my dumbbells so I was able to up my workout a knotch. I actually did 1 - full body pushup - 1/10th of the way toward my goal... And my weight is down to 191.5 Body Fat percentage 42.8. I'm making progress slowly but surely, and loving every step of the journey.

No comments: