Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I have to get through this quickly I have a meeting in 1/2 an hour...

This came in my email this morning:

"I like a person who knows his own mind and sticks to it; who
sees at once what, in given circumstances, is to be done, and
does it."

*William Hazlitt (1778-1830) English Essayist

POW! talk about being hit between the eyes! And right after a very down to earth and honest post from Matt too. Matt I 'owe' you a response but don't have a enough time right now to do it justice, maybe this afternoon...

I did however want to report that I had an excellent day yesterday - I hit the nutrition right on! I'm also down 1/2 a pound today - gotta love the water weight drops don't you?

I also fought off the sandman this morning (only hit snooze once) AND my honey snuggling up do me and saying "I didn't sleep well last night, I want to sleep in" and made it to the gym. I was determined enough that if he hadn't gotten up I was going to drive myself (and make him drive the jeep to work with no top on, in the cold.. muahahahah). Leg day and after hiking on Saturday and running yesterday (and walking in impossibly tall heals yesterday) my calves were soooo tight! I made sure to warm up really good and then hit the calf machine:

Standing Calf raises:

195 x 6
195 x 6
195 x 6

Seated Calf Raises:

135 x 6
135 x 6

I warmed up again before doing leg presses just because I didn't feel like calf raises had done enough then hit the squat press machine:

Squat Presses (Leg Press Machine that you load plates on):

450 x 6
450 x 6
450 x 6
470 x 6

Squats (Plus Bar):

140 x 6
140 x 6

Straight Legged Dead Lifts:

90 x 6

then I had to hit the locker room

The plan is to do Yoga tonight.. man my legs are going to HATE ME! :)

Have a great day everyone - I plan too!

3 comments:

Just a lonely girl said...

OMG! Your legs must be SOLID ROCK! I get all a-twitter when I can do 50lbs in seated calf raises or over 200 on the leg press. You go girl!!

Pamela said...

Don't worry about trying to keep up with Shawn ,Connie... She leaves us ALL in the dust!! :D

Glad you & the darling had a good weekend hiking - very nice :D & glad this week is going well so far!

havlow said...

Man you're doing some crazy leg workouts!! WOO HOO!! You go!!