Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I had to share this...

I know that many people out there struggle (Like I do) with what many would call an 'addiction' to food. An irrational urge to overeat and/or eat unhealthy things. This one habit alone is the reason we are ... fat. It's not lack of knowledge. Most of us KNOW all there is to know about nutrition and portions sizes - but for some reason consistantly make what would be called 'wrong choices'. Like any other adict we can't see to give up the very thing that's making us unhealthy.

Well I was pointed to this website and frankly - I love it! Please take a look at this..

Taming Your Feast Beast


Are you ready? I'm making my abstinence commitment now, here today...

I will never overeat.
I will never eat incorrectly.

So there!

2 comments:

Just a lonely girl said...

I'm checking it out right now! Thanks!

PartTimeMom said...

Matt - overeating healthy foods and sometimes getting caught and having to eat 'bunk' is a big different then the adictive type eating that I'm refering to. Believe me - I'm not talking about being a diet 'angel'. I'm talking about not giving in to that voice in my head that says.. go ahead, have a cookie... oooo you ate one now have two, you deserve it! next thing you know I haven't eaten correctly for a week and I've gained back 3 pounds.

I do appreciate your honesty though and for your dash of 'realism' :)