Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I ran! I think it was the hardest ever! Not only have I not ran in a week and a half, but I hiked about 12 miles in the past three days and it was HOT today! I managed to chug through the first mile and a half and then I HAD to take a walk break. I slowed down a bit and then decided to do intervals for the rest of the run. WHEW! I pushed my already tired body to the LIMIT! But it felt great. I still have to eat dinner, but other then the caramel shake at lunch time I’ve been good.

I got some help from a friend today. We were supposed to be doing a 12 week challenge together but I slid and didn’t keep up my end of the deal. She’s continued to check up on me and has been kicking my butt as I asked her to do. Today she suggested that I set a goal of three clean weeks, and in that three weeks work to lose 5 lbs. I thought that was a GREAT idea, so that’s the plan. Weigh in is tomorrow morning!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Those little goals can make all the difference! I need to get my diet back on track after my three day free day! Next week will be picture perfect!

Jay said...

Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is not sticking to a goal but getting back to a goal once you've slipped a bit. Good friends are those that won't let you quit on yourself. You're lucky to have them. Keep going! Keep going!

PartTimeMom said...

Amy? need ME to be the butt kicker instead of the butt kickee? ;) I'm not afraid to do it.

Jay - I agree, picking yourself up when you've fallen on your face is HARD and it doesn't get any easier the fifth and sixth and twentith time you've had to do it.