Thursday, April 30, 2009

100 Days - Day 1 - I used to be that Way

Make a list of any fears or negative behaviors that have hurt your weight-loss success in the past.


  1. Getting to the 170-175 lbs mark and then stop following the diet. Adding a nibble here a taste there, until weight loss slows and eventually all progress is lost!

Actually - I think that is my biggest fear - everything else I might write just comes down to that one thing! But here some bad habits that are a breakdown of the 'big one'.


  1. Believing I can have 'just one' and that turns into 'all'
  2. Believing I can do it (go off plan) 'this one time' and that turns into 'all the time'
  3. Skipping one workout, then two, then three, then -- not seeing the gym in months
  4. Letting feelings of deprivation and of 'it's not fair' be excuses to eat things that arn't on plan
  5. Feeling justified in eating beause I'm stressed out or sad


    (I'm sure I'll come up with more!)

    write up new endings for each fear or behavior.

    1. I used to believe that I could have 'just one' and would end up eating 'all', but now I know that just one is too much and I stop this behavior before it starts. If I find myself in the middle of eating them 'all' I stop and say 'no more!' and don't use the "I've fallen, may as well finish what I've started" excuse.
    2. I used to believe that I could use the excuse, 'just this once', to go off plan, and would end up using it ALL the time, but now I know that there is never a good reason for putting your dreams and goals on hold. A party is still a party even without the cake and ice cream. Thanksgiving is still a holiday and a time to be thankful, even without eating 1/2 a pumpking pie. Going to a fancy reseraunt on date night is still a romantic occasion if your eating chicken and steamed veggies.
    3. I used to skip a workout(s) and let that missed workout be an excuse to miss another, and another, but now I don't go two days in a row without doing some sort of excercise. I don't use not getting to the gym or not being able to go outside as a reason to not get the blood pumping and make myself a healthier happier person.
    4. I used to use excuses like "I don't like being deprived" and "It's not fair that they can and I can't" to go off my plan, but now I acknowledge that I have those feelings and then move on. Those thought and others like them are feelings that I can choose to dwell on and be effected by, or that I dissmiss and move on from - I choose the laiter.
    5. I used to use stress or sadness as a reason to go off plan, overeat and even binge, but now I choose to confront my emotions in other ways such as turning the problem over to God, going for a walk/run or even just acknowleding, examining and accepting those feelings as a part of me and a part of life. Covering them in cheese sause and eating them hasn't worked before and it's won't work now.

    No comments: