Wednesday, March 02, 2005

All of life contains adjustments and tradeoffs

I think I’ve finally managed to remove the dark mantle of melancholy that’s been hanging on me this week. I’m feeling better today – it’s probably not a coincidence that it also stopped raining.

I finally broke down and took pictures tonight. There were no surprises there, and it did little to improve my mood. I’m not going to martyr myself and say that there was no progress, but I found that when I looked at I was FINDING progress rather then SEEING it. “Oh look, that crease in my back is a little shallower…” and things of that sort. But, it’s a new day and a new month. I’m moving on.

My quote for the day…

“It’s time to stop resenting what I do to keep my body healthy and attractive. Everything I value in my life; my relationships, my children, and my career; has taken work, focus, and endurance. Why should it be any different when it comes to managing my weight?”

Yesterday’s food was right on. No hitches or glitches there. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any exercise in. I’ve just been so tired of late. I sent myself to bed and got a LOT of rest. I need to spend time today programming my expectations so that I WILL go home and exercise tonight.

The plan is to run on the treadmill.

I guess that’s about it for now. Have a good day and a GREAT week everyone.

No comments: