Friday, February 25, 2005

As I am wont to do, I forgot one thing. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned that my sweetheart has surprised me by jumping back on the exercise wagon. It’s great because it motivates me to stick with it, when he’s doing it too. What really surprised me though was his motivation… I know he’s vain. I mean the man won’t walk out of the house unless his shoes and belt match. But I never really though he cared much about how he looked naked. Turns out I’m WRONG heh. It seems this sudden interest in working out stems from a little movie I like to call “Men in skirts” but for some reason the studio called it “Troy”. We watched it the other night and ever since then Nigel keeps talking about Achilles. Mind you – I’m not complaining :) I love my baby just as he is, but if he wants to have a Brad Pitt body, who am _I_ to stop him? ;)

OH! And I forgot another interesting tid-bit I ran across. M&F Her had an article on “Bootilicious” women. I went through and looked up each of the women listed. It was cool browse through photos of women who still had CURVES. The most interesting thing I found was that none of these women were – ‘perfect’. The one that struck me the most was some girl who was a fitness winner (I can’t remember the name) she had stretch marks on her hips!

I can’t tell you how many times I take a good hard look at myself in the mirror and the only though that runs through my head is, “No matter how much weight you lose, you will still always have ______” just fill in the blank. With one of the following: Stretch marks, loose skin, varicose veins, cellulite… Something like eats at your confidence. But here are women… Women who are admired, who win contests, who get their pictures put up in national magazines and they aren’t ‘perfect’ either. Anyway – I really feel like I’m getting some of this mental stuff worked through. Yeah, yeah, I know this should be about being healthy but to tell you the truth… I’m not really unhealthy. My blood pressure is good, my cholesterol is normal, my blood sugar is fine…I’m not in bad shape, relatively. I can run two miles, I can bench press over 70 lbs.. I’m probably in better shape the ½ the ‘skinny’ girls out there. But, I’m 70 lbs overweight. And truth be told it’s NOT pretty. Yes, this is about vanity for me. Heh

Anyway – all that to say I’m making progress.

No comments: