Monday, April 12, 2004

It's time. It's time to set some goals, make some plans, get off my @$$ and get MOVING. I'm tired of being stuck where I am! I'm tired of saying "someday"... I'm tired this haphazard approach to my life, my health... I am going to DO something! I know, I know, you've all heard this from me before. And yes, I may have to give myself this mental @$$ kicking AGAIN... But for now, I'm going to pretend that this is the last time I'll be saying "This is the last time!"

The good news is that I haven't fallen off of my running program since I got my treadmill (except when I was sick, and I missed two workouts then). I have a weight program in place (I'll post in further down) and I have an idea of what I would like my nutrition to look like. The next step is to create a real 'plan'. and I don't just mean "Monday I will eat..." I mean a PLAN. I'm actually going to put some of this project managment stuff that I spent over a year studying and put it to good use! Yes, yes, looseing weight isn't like building a house or writing code, but there ARE some things that I put to use, and I intend to. I'll be sure to share it with everyone when I get it all together. It should be fun and interesting.

I've desided to try a new wieght training program. Because I'm running alot (and more every week) I desided it was better if I did a weight training program that was more geared toward the kind of stress I'll be putting on my body as I train for a marathon (did I say I was training for a marthon before? Well if not before I did now!). So here's the new plan:

Workout 3 days per week. Rotating between two variations. For balance I’ve decided on an alternating Push/Pull workout, and again for balance I’ve decided that my variation will be to switch the order of the Push/Pull.

Variation 1:
Quads: Plie’ Squat 25lbs x 15 (Runners should do what they can to strengthen the vastus medialis www.exrx.net/Muscles/Quadriceps to help in knee tracking and this seems to me to be one of the best squats for targeting that area)
30 seconds – Standing Quad stretch
Hamstrings: Straight-let Deadlift 35lbs x 15
30 seconds – Seated Single Leg Hamstring Stretch
Chest: Dumbbell Bench Press 20lbs x 15
30 seconds – Doorway Chest Stretch
Side Delt: Upright Row ???5lbs x 15 (Maybe, I have shoulder issues that may make this one a no-go)
30 seconds – Side Deltoid Stretch
Front Calves Heavy Band x 15 (I’m doing these because they are recommended to rehabilitate my planter fascia)
30 seconds – Kneeling Shin Stretch
Back: Bent Row 20lbs x 15
30 seconds – Fixed Bar Back Stretch
Tri – Bench Dip x 15
30 seconds – Overhead Triceps Stretch
Biceps – Dumbbell Curl 10 x 15
30 seconds – Standing Biceps Stretch
Abs and Lower Back – Pilates:
The Hundred 10 sets of 10
The Roll Up 5 Reps
Single Leg Circles 5 Circles each direction each leg
Rolling Like a Ball 8 Reps
Single Leg Stretch 8 Sets
Double Leg Stretch 8 Sets
Single Straight Leg Stretch 8 Sets
Double Straight Leg Stretch 8 Sets
Criss-Cross 8 Sets
Spine Stretch Forward 5 Sets

Variation 2:
Same weight, exercise and stretch
Hamstrings
Quads
Back
Chest
Side Deltoid
Biceps
Triceps
Abs
Calves

Week 1:
Mon Var 1, Wed Var 2, Fri Var 1
Week 2:
Mon Var 2, Wed Var 1, Fri Var 2

I'm doing my first workout tonight and I'm expecting that it will be a REAL kicker...

No comments: