Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Let's see, I think it's about time for an update.

The weekend went great. I ate on plan and rested. That was the easy part.

Monday was good too. I ROCKED my chest workout. Seriously – I'm sore today and that hasn't happened in a LONG time.

Flat BB Bench Press: 70lbs (+ the bar) x 6 / 75 x 6 / 75 x 6
Incline DB Press: 45 x 6 / 45 x 6 / 45 x 6 I think one more week at 45 and I'll be ready to go up to 50! I'm so excited.
Flyes: 25 x 6 / 25 x 6

Food was good all day yesterday as well. Feeling really good about that.

Today was legs and I rocked that as well.

Squats (used the smith Machine today) 140 (plus bar) x 6 / 140 x 6 / 140 x 6
A guy came over while I was finishing my warmup on these and asked if he could 'work in' I said SURE and he added 50 lbs to the 90 I already had on the bar. He did his set and then started to take the 50 lbs off. You should have seen his face when I said 'no leave it'. I love when that happens.

Leg Press: 140 x 6 / 150 x 6
Standing Calf Raises: 225 x 6 / 235 x 6
Dead Lift: 110 x 6 / 110 x 6

I nearly screwed myself on deadlifts. My grip was slipping and I thought I would 'hitch' it up a little. Well my hands didn't like the 'hitching' the bar started to slip and I ended up catching it with my thigh.. OUCH!

But I didn't do anything more then bruise it a little. Next time I'm going to try an alternating grip and see if that helps.

Food today – was going ok, until the girl next to me brought a HOT FRESH Chocolate Chip cookie and set it on my desk.

BUT that was the only 'off plan' thing I ate – and I subbed it for my afternoon meal. So I don't feel THAT bad about it.

Tomorrow it's back at the gym and shooting for another clean day.

No comments: