Saturday, October 01, 2005

I woke up this morning in misery. My head was pounding, sinuses blocked, and my throat hurt. I stumbled around a little bit and then turned to my fiancĂ© and asked, "Are we going to the gym today?" I was so proud of him when he said, "Yeah, that way we have all day tomorrow to recovery." I drank some diet pepsi (yeah I know…) took some aspirin and drank my No-xplode. Before too long we were changed and headed out the door. I help abate my misery we stopped at the drug store and picked up some Clairton. I also picked up a protein bar because - even if it wasn't on my plan – I needed something on my stomach. A few more drugs and two small bites of the bar and I was ready.

The workout was GREAT. I couldn't believe as horrible as I had started out the day feeling I was charged up and ready to go when we hit the gym door. As soon as I sat down on the bike to warm up I knew it was going to be a good day because the line in my upper arm was back and my delts were popping! It really is the little things that keep me going!

Today was Triceps and chest day.

Triceps Pushdown: 60lbs x 15/80 x 12/90 x 10
Overhead Tricep Extensions (cable): 50lbs x 10 & 50 x 8/70 x 10 & 50 x 6/70 x 12 & 50 x 8
Tricep Bench Dip: 13/15
Kickbacks: 15lbs x 12/10lbs x 12
Incline Bench Press (Barbell) 30lbs x 12/30lbs x 10/40 x 10
Incline Bench Press (Dumbbell) 30lbx 12/35lbs x8 & 20 x 12
Cable Cross Overs: 40lbs x 12/45 x 12/40 x 10

My arms were so DONE by the end of this.

We left the gym and then ended up stopping at Target on the way home. I picked up two sports bras on clearance – Love when that happens. AND a crock pot. Dinners just got a whole lot easier.

By the time we left Target I was so hungry I was feeling sick – on top of just feeling sick. So we ended up stopping at Carl's Jr. I picked up a grilled chicken sandwich plain and took off the tip bun. I had that instead of the chicken parmesan – so I was still on plan.

When we got home I showered changed and then just vegged on the couch. All the rest of my meals were to plan, AND I drank 3 liters of water.

I still feel like crap, but I feel like I had an excellent day! Even while being sick I still stayed away from the French fries at Carls and didn't have any of the chocolate my fiancĂ© brought home. All in all – a great start to October and I can't wait to see what changes come in the month to come!

Tomorrow's goals/plans:

Free Day! Whoop.

Plus I'm going to see how many pushups I can do and see how fast I can run a mile. All fun stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on overcomming the sour start to your day! Taking on life's hurdles like that will put you two steps closer to your goal. Instead of taking one step back, you took a step forward. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

oops, I made the wrong selection when choosing my identity for the previous comment. Or wait, maybe I've made the wrong selection when choosing my identity in life and this was just a sign! um, OK, that was just dorky.