Thursday, October 02, 2003

I got home tonight so exhausted! I had stayed up until 12:00am last night, first studying, and then rewarding myself for finishing all my reading with a workout. (Note the change in attitude – I’m working on that) This morning I was up at 5:45 because I had to be to work by 7:15 so that I could be at an all day, offsite meeting by 9:00am. I had grabbed a bar to eat on my way to work because I had expected bagels etc at the meeting. Boy was I bummed to find NOTHING! Luckily (though not the best choice) I had a balance bar in my purse (I always carry an emergency supply). This was a ‘working lunch’ and they had the regular ‘working lunch’ faire: Salad, sandwiches, fruit and cookies. Unfortunately, the salad had mayo based dressing on it (which I can’t eat) But, there were some greens on the sandwiches. I grabbed turkey on ‘whole wheat’ and some fruit. Needless to say I was STARVING when the meeting got over at 3:00pm. The only place nearby was Walgreen’s. I swear to you the ho-hos and Twinkies were calling my name. The only think I could find of any worth was another energy bar. By the time I got back to my office it was 4:30 and when I finally got home it was after 5:00pm. By then, my body was SCREEMING for REAL food! I quickly grabbed yogurt and some protein powder. After eating that I shuffled into my bedroom and changed into night clothes… I was SO tired! I sat down and started reading through the some blogs, BOOM, there was my friend Marie, talking about her 16 hour day yesterday, and how she still got her workout in. What could I do then but shut off the computer, change my clothes and go for my run? And I did! I know I say this every time but it was my best run EVER!!! I don’t know if it was the extra carbs in the stupid bars or what but I had more energy while I was zooming around the track then EVER. I was well into my third interval before it even occurred to me to think.. HEY, I’m into my third interval! It was amazing! After my fourth interval, I rounded the corner of the track, while I was walking through my active recovery phase, I was amazed at how quickly I got my breath back, so when I got around the corner I picked up my knees and tacked a sprint onto the end. I don’t know that I’ve ever ran faster, it was like I had wings! It wasn’t until I was on my home that I realized that I sprinted from Out of bounds line to out of bounds line on the football field, NOT from goal line to goal line, thus I had run 30(?) yards further then an 100 yard dash. I guess I won’t fret over that.

I came back feeling awake and alert, ready to face the 8 hours of studying I have ahead of me! I just can’t thank all of you enough for being here and for inspiring me to do things that I’ve never been able to achieve before!!

No comments: