Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The first fitting.

 

You all get the first look! This is the 'mock-up' of my wedding dress. The real thing will be made out of green silk with purple threads running through it... The fabric is AMAZING!

He's the best part. I had my measurments done on June 27th. As you may be aware, I've lost a few pounds since then. (over 10 lbs). So, today She puts the skirt on me and was a little confused when the side overlapped by about two inches. The she said, "have you been losing weight?" I said "yeah - some". She stood there for a minute and said... "Uh, I would say a LOT"

When we tried on the corsett she laced it up as tight as it would go with no problem. There's supposed to be a GAP! hehehe. She looked me over, asked how much more weight I was going to lose then said... well we're going to take three inches out of the corset then. THREE INCHES! OMG I have motivation to hold to my word to lose the weight now cause I'll need to for my dress to fit!

Anyway - I'll post photos of the real thing once I get to that point... more fun ahead!

(PS - sorry about the poor picture quality - my friend was taking the photo and didn't know how to work my camera.) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Beautiful Dress!
Beautiful Bride!
Congrats on all of your losses. You totally rock! Such an inspiration!

Irene said...

I'm so glad I stopped by to check your blog! I can imagine how beautiful the actual dress will be, as you look gorgeous already! Way to go on the inches lost! I am truly happy for you!

Erin said...

Wow, you look really beautiful :)

Lori said...

I can't wait to see the real dress. Sounds pretty.

Lori

Marijayde said...

you look georgous! I too am anxious to see the real thing!!

Grats on all the weight loss, you keep that girl busy cutting inches off that dress ya hear!!

:>

havlow said...

Oh wow...you look fabulous!!