Monday, August 06, 2007

So Much has Changed

This time it's for reals!

Oh my what a year! It's been a bumpy ride. But, after this weekend I finally feel like I've made some sense of it all.

So, recently two really big things have happend:

1) My husband got a new job - He was miserable at the old place, and it was really effecting our home life. But, there wasn't much we could do about it at the time. Well, an opportunity came up and he went for it, and my prayers were answered - he got it. The best part about the job is that we now both work in the same city. That means we commute together, or we can stay late together and all kind of 'together' type benefits. PLUS he now makes more money which is always a big help. (Oh and I finally got the raise to go along with my promotion - so a double wammy).

2) We moved!!!! I've been waiting to do this for about 6 years now. Granted, we didn't get to move to exactly where I wanted to, but we did make a HUGE move for us. There's several benefits to this change. 1- I've cut my 4 hour commute to less then 2... yes, I've added two hours to my day! whoop!! 2 - we are now less then a mile from the gym. This means that I can pop over for a workout any ol' time. At our old place it was at least a 30-45 minute drive to get to the gym and that meant any trip there turned into a 3 hour endever. Now we (or even just I) can pop over anytime we like and get a quick workout in. OR if we perfer we can workout at the onsite gym. 3 - we are 1 mile from public transit. What a huge benefit this will turn out to be. This means that my husband and I arn't tied to each other's schedule. If I want to take a class after work (like the boxing class I'm going to tonight) I can. And I'm not rushed thinking he's stuck waiting for me. and Vice Versa. 4 - there's a pool onsite. Heated year round. I'm going to be able to add swimming back into my schedule and again without it being a big pain in our necks.

So as you can see - I'm ready to start on the next big push in my journey. If anyone's still with me out there, I'm back. I've got some lost ground to make up, but, I've got more tools in my toolbox then ever. It's going to be a GREAT year.

Today's weight: 198.5 (I know I know - terrible!)

Today's workout:

Close Grip Cable Pull Down: 20 x 80 lbs x 3
Bent Over Barbell Rows: 20 x 45 lb bar x 2
Hyper-Extensions: 20 x 0lbs x 2
Barbell Wrist Curls: 20 x 35 lb bar x 2
Dumbbell Wrist Curls: 20 x 25 x 1

1 Hour Cardio Boxing

Food:

Breakfast: English Muffin, Egg and Banana
Lunch: Spinich Salad w/Turkey (No dressing) and garbanzo beans, Pineapple
Snack: Greek Yogurt w/Strawberries and grapenuts
Dinner: Spinich Salad w/'taco' turkey meat and 're-fried' black beans

Water:

3 Quarts (sounds like I'm a car!)
(I've had my one soda for a day - cut back my diet pepsi starting last week)

see you all tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back.

I knew that long absences of posting usually meant food and such like, went a bit off the boil, and I was right.

However that is not a criticism of you, as I have never done that to you, so I won't start now :-).

I am very happy with your news, so I must congratulate you for it.

WELL DONE.

As for the diet, looking pretty good. One thing I will say is, if possible, try eating the Pineapple about 10-15 minutes before the rest of the meal, 30 minutes is better, as most Fruits barring Tomatos, don't pass into the intestines very well, when they are digesting with other foods, so they can putrify in the Gut.

So giving Fruit some time before the remainder of the meal, will help.

Same goes with the Banana. That's a good choice as it's over 50 GI, which will help you elevate low Bloodsugar after you wake.

As is always the case, you know that my support can ALWAYS be counted upon.

I've always been proud to support you. At times your not posting for a month or more, then admitting you put some weight back on, or ate in a mediocre way, has frustrated me a bit, because I don't like to see you harming or spoiling hard fought for results, and knowing how far you've come in the last several years, since those darker days, it does frustrate me to see some physical regression, as I know deep down you've got everything you need emotionally and mentally to get your weight down, and get the look you've always been striving for since day one.

As always though, that's an honest bit of feedback, not me giving it to you in the Neck so to speak,

I just want you to know that you CAN call upon me anytime you need it. You always have been able to, and my support on here is guaranteed, and any other words of motivation or encouragement, you can ask for anytime.

Incase you don't remember, this is my e-mail.

ml.sd@lionrampant.co.uk.

So don't ever hesistate to get in touch whenever you need to, and I'll try my best to help you back on the right emotional road to physical success, anytime you ask.

Whatever you do, chin up, be strong, and don't let anything or anyone get you beat when you don't have to let them.

Keep your meals well planned.

Keep you alternatives well planned, which includes food and workouts. I had to go to the Gym 3 hours later yesterday, through a change in schedule, but I knew I could, and I made that commitment to go, and that's a time when things pay off, when you know you can make reserve plans and stay on track.

I do also want to say, I'm genuinely glad to see you back.

You're a big hearted lady, and a genuine woman of substance and shining personality, and everyone should have a bit of Shawn in their lives, when they can get it, because you're always an inspiration, when you nail your shizzle, and you're always someone with positive vibes a plenty, and you can brighten up anybodies day misses.

So this is it yeah. Now your life changes have happened, I personally want to see 100% Shawn, as much as possible, as often as is possible, and the new approach with logging food, training and general stuff, is brilliant, so definitely do that, as you'll really benefit from honest, upfront, generalising of your journey, not specific bits, that might hide some home truths.

GOOD LUCK, I mean that, and keep pushing hard for what you want. I know you CAN achieve what you want.

I've never thought differently, and I will say, don't promise yourself or others anything, regards your physical intentions, not with diet, training or anything else, (promises aren't good to break), but just tell yourself, you have the wherewithall to succeed, and you will give 100% as much as you can okay.

I really, really believe in you, and I always have, so if you need any additional support, motivation, or just mental / emotional strength, take it with out asking, as it's yours whenever, without any need to repay it, and just keep pushing okay.

I'll back you 100% of the way, but I just want to see you succeed very much.

I know what sort of a person you said you used to be, and how things nearly ended up, but you've really improved your emotional beauty, you got a bigger and shinier Heart to go with it, and soon enough, what you've done to your inner self, will shine through to the outside okay.

You've been missed, but I'm glad you're back on it, as almost nobody has wanted you to succeed more than me.

BIG HUGS coming your way misses, and this time, no more sliding on results okay, and when you drop a clothes size, you pitch most of the old ones yeah, as I think you couldn't have reversed your highly positive trend, back about 23 lb's, if you hadn't got bigger clothes, and had trouble fitting into your then current ones.

You need certain things to jolt you back on track if you start sliding, and bigger, old clothes don't do that, they just help you to slide.

Leave no stone unturned, and leave almost no trace of the past, to lure you back to old ways okay.

This is the best opportunity for you to make good, so take it big time, and GOOD LUCK again.

I hope things continue to work out for you with your job and your marriage. You deserve it.

Big push this time with the physique okay, and no worries :-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you're back, girlie!!! I've missed you! Wow, lots of changes going on with you, so glad they are good ones.

Pamela said...

Glad to see you back Shawn! sounds like life has been an uproar.. but at the end of it in a Good way!

Anonymous said...

here's to new starts - keep trying to make one myself. good luck!